The Importance of Having A Website For A Startup Business
What makes such a simple tool as a website so essential for a successful business run, reputation development, sales, and marketing? Let’s find it out, discovering the necessity of small business website development.
Do I Need a Website For My Startup?
This is a pretty popular question the startup initiators often ask. The short answer is definitely “yes” but if you are looking for a longer one, below are the reasons to build a website for a startup project.
- Reputation building. A business website is first of all a tool for reputation building. While some business owners consider having social profiles enough for successful reputation development and staying in touch with the customers, in practice, a business website is still a must-have. In this case, it works as an online business representative, highlighting that you are pretty serious about your company and the impression it creates.
- Branding. One of the best things about web design is that it allows for creating a perfectly branded website, aligned with a brand style, identity, mission, and values expressed in colors and forms. What’s more, adding branded elements to your website is a good idea to improve brand recognition since the first impression we get is always visual.
- SEO promotion and digital marketing. Both SEO promotion and digital marketing are impossible without a well-developed and technically powerful website. And even despite the online competition, there are a lot of strategies you can develop and implement to promote your business digitally.
- Data collection tool. Your website can also work as a data collection tool, helping you reveal insights into your users’ behavior. With the help of heat mapping, you can find out which sections of the website attract the most attention, where the users face the stumbling blocks, and what journeys do they follow. These insights can be game-changing for the user experience your website delivers which is especially relevant when your website is your main tool to sell.
- Idea validation tool. Some startup initiators use landing pages to validate their idea, test the market response and find out whether their offer is interesting to the prospective leads. As a rule, they create landing pages with a simple design, run PPC ads, gather analytical insights, and only then, move to custom and full-fledged website development.
- Investment attraction tool. As one more use case of a website for a startup is using it as a part of your strategy to attract investment. In this case, a website works as a tool to make the first impression, highlight credibility, and reputation, plus prove that you are serious about your business development.
- Direct point of sale. Lastly, startup initiators can use their website as a direct or indirect point of sale. For example, an eCommerce website is a direct selling tool, while redirecting the visitors to the third-party platform (for instance, Play Market or App Store) is the way to use your website for indirect sales.
Types of a Startup Website
There are three types of website startup initiators usually choose for their businesses.
- eCommerce store. Everything is pretty clear with this type – this is an online store used to sell the products. Such a website is a must for retail startups and newly created companies. Following the best practices of UI and UX to ensure seamless shopping is one of the main rules for creating a website for an eCommerce startup.
- Website for business representation. This type of startup website means creating it with the goal to tell more about your business, mission, and values, while the process of service delivery or product sale happens somewhere, for example, on Amazon or App Store. When creating such a website, focusing on brand identity is especially important.
- Conversion-driving landing page. This is another type of startup website you can create for your business. The main advantage of the landing page is the opportunity to build a short sales funnel and develop a clear user journey – these are the features that make landing pages conversion-driving. Creating such a website is a good idea for startups providing digital services or working according to the dropshipping business model.
Feel like any of the website types suits your startup? We are here to develop it for you ASAP!
How Can ECO & Tech Help You with Startup Website Development?
While creating a website for a startup may sound easy, this task still needs professional experience and expertise. We, at ECO & Tech, are well-versed in creating websites for multiple industries, so here is how we can help your business grow:
- Choose the most effective technology. There are many programming languages, frameworks, and libraries that can be used to create a powerful website but the choice of the right tool is always project-dependent. Our tech-savvy programmers are right here to help you with picking up the winning tech stack for your website development.
- Suggest the winning features for an MVP. The success of a Minimum Viable Product largely depends on the ability to match its features set with the expectations of the audience. Our practical experience allows us to suggest the essential features which would be enough to test your MVP and get an insight into the further development process.
- Design your website in a custom and branded way. A web design for a startup should be as branded as possible so that the visitors can build the associative bonds between the color palette you are using and your startup brand. Improving brand awareness and recognition is one of the main tasks a startup company should deal with to be adopted by the market, so creating a well-designed website can be the first step along this path.
- Create your startup website with SEO requirements in mind. There are a lot of technical pitfalls when it comes to SEO. But you can avoid some of them if your website is created with the best SEO practices in mind and written in a clear code the search engines are easy to get through.
Creating a website is a must for a startup business. Depending on the website type, it can be the main points of sales, business representation, or idea validation tool, plus the platform to build reputation and credibility in the opinion of the future investors.
ECO & Tech has the highest-end expertise in creating custom websites for startups and newly created companies. Contact us to create a powerful and SEO-focused website perfectly tailored to your business needs and the expectations of your customers!